What do you think the most dangerous animals on the face of the earth? Sharks? Snake? Human?
The answer of course depends on how serious the definition. Personally, I have a thing about sharks since the first time I saw Jaws. But if you are staying in the number of people killed on the hands of animals each year, then the answer is no to any of the above. It mosquitoes.
When it comes to killing people, nothing else even comes close to the animals. Please see:
What makes it dangerous mosquitoes to this extent? Even harmless-sounding Spanish name for "little fly" -onhm them bring terrible disease. Worse is malaria, which kills more than 600,000 people annually disease. 200 000 000 other cases of people paralyzed for several days at a time. It threatens half the world's population and caused billions of dollars in lost productivity each year. Diseases transmitted by mosquitoes and other, including dengue fever, yellow fever and encephalitis.
There are more than 2,500 species of mosquitoes and mosquito found in every region of the world except Antarctica. At the height of the breeding season, they outnumber every other animal on the face of the earth, but the ants and termites. Which for thousands of deaths during the construction of the Panama Canal. And their impact on the pattern of the population on a large scale: in many areas of malaria, the disease is to encourage internal people and away from the coast, where the weather is most welcome to mosquitoes.
Given the influence, you might expect mosquitoes to get more attention than they do. Sharks kill fewer than a dozen people in number each year in the United States and receive a special week for them on TV every year. Mosquitoes, kills 50,000 times as many people, but if there is a television channel has mosquito Sunday, I did not hear about it.
Bill Gates gave special attention to this issue. He also prepared a video that we must watch. We can learn from a recent trip to Indonesia Bill Gate to look smart way to combat dengue fever by inoculating not the people, but the mosquitoes. (Somehow this story involves MY up revealed to me that weapons cage full of hungry mosquitoes so they can suck my blood).
You can read the frightening than what it's like to be malaria account and I heard one of the scientists who struggles inspired Tanzanian it. I have some ideas of Melinda recent trip to Cambodia sharing me, where I saw some interesting works that could be a way to eliminate malaria, which will be one of the greatest achievements in health show.
I hope to look around. I can not promise that the Anopheles gambiae would be quite as much fun as the hammer and the vast white. But you'll probably come up with this new awareness to master aviation violence.

Comments
Post a Comment